Some of our tutors
Experience with hosting revision courses from groups of students, private one-to-one clients, and online tuition. Developed a holistic and versatile teaching approach based on experience working students from a diverse range of backgrounds in both the private and public education sector. Tutoring alongside mainstream teaching has meant acquiring an attention to detail for exam technique and constructive feedback methods. Inspiring pupils with enthusiasm for the subject, presenting material in a relatable and relevant manner and focusing on what’s important is a key aspect to my tutoring approach. Currently an AQA Examiner for Psychology.
- 11+ Maths & English Tutor and Mentor, September 2014 – Present
- Head of Psychology & Head of Forensic Science, July 2013 – June 2016
- Tutor of Employability Skills, Literacy & Numeracy, January 2013 – August 2013
- Teacher of Psychology & Biology, January 2010 – Present
In my extensive experience in Primary Schools over the past five years, I have developed an intrinsic ability to work with children holistically, not only looking after their academic needs but more importantly their overall happiness and comfort.
I am a creative thinker, adaptable and resourceful. I am emotionally robust, thus work well in high-pressure situations. I have a wealth of experience as a Teaching Assistant in Primary Schools, covering all abilities in Key Stage 1 and 2 and in particular SEN. I am currently undertaking a Level 4 (CPD accredited) in Higher Level Teaching Assistant qualification.
Tradewind/Sanza: Teaching Assistant/LSA (September 2012- Current)
I provide reliable and professional day to day cover for numerous Primary Schools and Special Needs Schools mainly St Augustines Catholic School (Barons Court), Southbank International School (International Baccalaureate/ Notting Hill), King Alfred School (Golders Green), Oaktree Special Needs School (Cockfosters), New River College PRU (Holloway).
Here I show adaptability and flexibility in my schedule and multitasking as each role suits me differently.
Examples of Tasks:
- Supporting small groups of/individual children during Maths or English lessons, Phonics and Topics to ensure comprehension and completion of WALT to a high standard.
- Supporting the Class Teacher’s Planning and Development of lessons for every subject on the curriculum.
- Maintaining effective behaviour management, ensuring a quiet, conscientious learning environment for optimal progress.
Brecknock Primary School: SEN Teaching Assistant (January – July 2012)
- I provided one-to-one care and learning assistance for a child, age 5, with Global Development Delay and Behavioral Difficulties.
- I planned both learning and play activities daily which were aimed at improving speech, fine motor skills, reading, literacy and numeracy skills. I also worked towards encouraging the child’s social skills.
- I helped encourage the child’s re-entry into the mainstream classroom both emotionally and educationally.
- I worked alongside a Speech and Language and Occupational therapists who helped guide me in providing more specific care.
Education and Training:
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Assistant, Cambridge Open College (2011)
- Certificate HE in Counselling and Counselling Skills, Birkbeck College (2010-2012)
- BA Fine Art (Hons), Chelsea College of Art and Design (2016) – 2:1
- I have completed training in Introducing Playwork, Creating Play Opportunities, Behaviour Management and Child Protection as part of a Level 2 Diploma in Playwork through Kids City (CACHE).
I have always had a passion for teaching. It is something that fulfils me especially when my pupil finally grasps a concept and makes the classic “ahhhhhh” noise, that is music to my ears.
I took a year out before I went to university and spent it working full time as an assistant teacher and a tutor. I worked in two very contrasting schools, where I developed skills that allow me to convey scientific and mathematical concepts in a way suited to the individual. If there’s is a certain topic a pupil is finding difficult to understand, I can guarantee that after just a few sessions with me they will understand.
- Chemistry – GCSE and A-level
- Maths – GCSE and A-level
- Physics – GCSE and A-level