In my extensive experience in Primary Schools over the past five years I have developed an intrinsic ability to work with children holistically, not only looking after their academic needs, but more importantly their overall happiness and comfort.
I am a creative thinker, adaptable and resourceful. I am emotionally robust, thus work well in high pressure situations. I have a wealth of experience as a Teaching Assistant in Primary Schools, covering all abilities in Key Stage 1 and 2 and in particular SEN. I am currently undertaking a Level 4 (CPD accredited) in Higher Level Teaching Assistant qualification.
Tradewind/Sanza: Teaching Assistant/LSA (September 2012- Current)
- I provide reliable and professional day to day cover for numerous Primary Schools and Special Needs Schools mainly St Augustines Catholic School (Barons Court), Southbank International School (International Baccalaureate/ Notting Hill), King Alfred School (Golders Green), Oaktree Special Needs School (Cockfosters), New River College PRU (Holloway)
- Here I show adaptability and flexibility in my schedule and multitasking as each role suits me differently.
- Examples of Tasks:
- Supporting small groups of/individual children during Maths or English lessons, Phonics and Topics to ensure comprehension and completion of WALT to a high standard.
- Supporting the Class Teacher’s Planning and Development of lessons for every subject on the curriculum.
- Maintaining effective behaviour management, ensuring a quiet, conscientious learning environment for optimal progress.
Brecknock Primary School: SEN Teaching Assistant (January – July 2012)
- I provided one-to-one care and learning assistance for a child, age 5, with Global Development Delay and Behavioral Difficulties.
- I planned both learning and play activities daily which were aimed at improving speech, fine motor skills, reading, literacy and numeracy skills. I also worked towards encouraging the child’s social skills.
- I helped encourage the child’s re-entry into the mainstream classroom both emotionally and educationally.
- I worked alongside a Speech and Language and a Occupational therapists who helped guide me in providing more specific care.
Education and Training:
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Assistant, Cambridge Open College (2011)
- Certificate HE in Counselling and Counselling Skills, Birkbeck College (2010-2012)
- BA Fine Art (Hons), Chelsea College of Art and Design (2016) – 2:1
- I have completed training in Introducing Playwork, Creating Play Opportunities, Behaviour Management and Child Protection as part of a Level 2 Diploma in Playwork through Kids City (CACHE).